Monday, February 24, 2014

A Little Introduction

My name is Chris Stratford. I am the youngest of five, and I am the fourth of my siblings to go on a mission. The mission I've been called to is the Tempe Arizona mission, which covers the southern-most, western-most corner of Arizona and even a little bit of California.

 I'd just like to share some trivia bits.


 - I love stories, of all mediums. I especially love visual storytelling, and hope to go into storyboards for animated films--but that dream has not usurped my dream of writing a novel.

 -I am always tired, all the time. My roommates will often find me trying to nap. Or they won't, since I tend to disappear in my bed and my roommates won't know I'm there until I move and scare them to death.

 -I love growing things. I feel close to God when I work with the earth and with plants He's designed to strengthen and nurture me. It's my dream to have a mini-farm, with a medicinal garden and a food garden and a couple of fruit trees and some meat rabbits and ducks. Sheep would be nice too. Herded by a giant, fluffy Pyrenees dog. Fantasies don't always happen, so if you're gonna dream, dream big, right?

 - I'm obsessed with birds and scarves. Yes.

 - I'm also obsessed with the Gospel. I absolutely love talking about my religion, but don't very often because it feels so taboo in our culture. I get excited when a conversation goes that way, but I won't instigate a discussion on my own...I'm hoping to get over that shyness before my mission. I love God and I love Christ and I'm grateful for all I've been given and I'm eager to go out and help others find Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment